22 HISTORICAL QUESTIONS
In the 18th century a group of college students led by John and Charles Wesley began to meet in their dorm to hold each other accountable to live lives that would glorify Jesus. This small group became a powerful force for change God used to lead the second revival. Since that time, millions of lives have been radically changed and countless communities of faith have been started because of the commitment the early Methodists to lives that represent Jesus in a worthy manner. The following are the questions that early Methodists asked one another that revolutionized their lives forever. Take a moment to ask these questions in your heart now, and ask God how He wants you to grow. Then we encourage you to join a Discipleship Group of The Gathering so you can encourage each other to grow in your walk with Jesus and make a greater impact on our campus.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on to others what has been said to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habits?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give the Bible time to speak to me every day?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?